[Ham-80211] BOF session at the DCC?

Jeff King jeff at aerodata.net
Sat Sep 4 06:37:03 UTC 2004

Sorry, by "x" I meant fill in the blank.802.11b, g, a whatever.

By BOF, I meant Bird of Feather, which is the name of get togethers that used
to be held back when the DCC was called the CNC, and before it became so
structured.

People of common interests get together. The first CNC/DCC I was at back in
1991 I believe in San Jose, Saturday night you could basically wonder from
room to room, finding BOF's ranging from Netrom, TCP/IP, PBBSes and I think
9600bps radio workshops.

I know at the last DCC (2001) I attended, the best it got was the demo
room/table, and I don't believe any BOF's were held. So that might be a
alternative, to bring some of your ham-80211 projects or antennas. I will be
bring my PIC based 802.11b client device I designed as well as a few other
things.