[Ham-80211] Re: 802.16e?

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Tue Apr 12 19:09:24 UTC 2005

> I agree it may be an opportunity, though you'll find a challenge importing
> non-type-accepted equipment in other than your suitcase.

Interesting issue...   As long as it's commerical equipment for amateur
operation, won't we be faced with just the incidental emmisions type acceptance
that any commercial ham transceiver or even computerized receiver has to
comply with.

It's my understanding that 'foreign' standards, at least European ones, for
incidental emissions from equipment is stricter then U.S. standards...  I
wonder how all that plays out.   It certainly won't be worth the effort for
a non-US manufactor to invest much in compliance certification for the
"booming" US Amateur market.

Maybe it's time to check the thrift stores for bigger suitcases.

Bill