[Ham-80211] Re: 802.16e?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Apr 13 17:29:11 UTC 2005

I've recently been playing with Solectek hardware that's claiming to be
WiMAX stuff, in the 5.7 GHz band.  We're achieving 36 Mb/s over a 3 mile
(LOS) path, and are playing with 3-10 mile NLOS paths now.  Most of the
work's, so far, Part 15, but there's some Part 97 play afoot.  Note that
the Solectek hardware is solely deployed in Part 15 segments... that
happen to overlap our allocations...

Yeah, that's not a typo:  36-72 Mb/sec.

gerry