[Ham-80211] Re: Continental & Logan

KC2MMi kc2mmi at verizon.net
Wed Aug 31 17:13:43 UTC 2005

Max-
 I would suspect those expensive magic paints are similar to marine bottom
paint, but without the additional toxins and expensive water-resistant
carriers. Bottom paint can run $150-$200 per gallon and contains something
like ten pounds of copper dust per gallon.

 I wouldn't be surprised to hear it worked almost as well as tin foil, if
you put on a couple of coats.<G>

 Kinda like the restaurants that have taken to putting up ornamental
stamped-tin ceiling panels, to block cell phones. I know several of those
that became popular with "executives" who didn't want to be bothered over
lunch. Innocently saying "Oh, my dell phone doesn't work there." Ahuh.<G>