[Ham-80211] diversity space or not

Frank kg6jve at pasadena.net
Thu Dec 15 19:09:58 UTC 2005

The diversity on most of the less expensive gear does not do "real"
diversity. On the Senao and probably the Linksys, one port is TX/RX and the
other RX only. I've not found an advantage with having two antennas. I've
used the Senao for links beyond 15 miles with 18dbi panel antennas (one
antenna on each end).

Can you describe what you are trying to accomplish?

Frank Keeney, KG6JVE
http://www.wlanparts.com