[Ham-80211] Horizontal or Vertical, which is better?

Jack Unger junger at ask-wi.com
Mon Feb 14 00:37:09 UTC 2005

Bob,

The better polarization for you to use is the one with the least noise.
If the vertically-polarized noise level (as seen by your access point)
is higher than the horizontally-polarized noise level, then your access
point will be able to hear weaker incoming signals if you use horizontal
polarization.
		jack  K6XS

P.S. - The 12-degree vertical beamwidth is a separate issue. Choose your
antenna to have the necessary gain, horizontal-beamwidth and vertical
beamwidth.

--
Jack Unger - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc.
Serving the License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993