[Ham-80211] Aerocomm Modems

Steve n0fpf at att.net
Wed Jan 26 05:08:04 UTC 2005

These types of units could be fun to play with.

  Just a few thoughts.
Most units like this are for SCADA applications. Short serial burst of
data. They work great for that.
When it comes to the longer packet sizes of TCP/IP they might not work
great. It would be interesting
to use a program like AGW where you can control the MTU size.

Doesn't mention any FEC or anything like TDMA for multipoint...hence the
price..

But what the heck...$99 bucks...worth fooling around with!

Steve's ( N0FPF ) 2 cents