[Ham-80211] Extreme novice question...

J&BCrafts jbcraft at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 19 20:16:04 UTC 2005

My father-in-law (W8MXR) lives 2.9m south of me. He is on a ridge,
perhaps the second highest point in the county.

Looking at the topo map, we are line of sight, from his roof to the top
of my tower.

What is the prefered 802.11b/g hardware device that would help us to
build a network with minimum effort??

We are thinking that we should use either a long Yagi at each end or
even a dish, mount the AP's outside on the roof/tower at the base of the
feedline, running DC for the AP and Cat5e for the network at each
location.

Sugggestions??

Bob K8YS