[Ham-80211] Extreme novice question...

w3sz w3sz at comcast.net
Tue Jul 19 21:35:24 UTC 2005

Hi, Bob,

I run a 4.4 mile link with 24 dBi barbeque dish antennas at each end,
using Senao NL-2511 CB3-PLUS Wireless Multiclient bridges at each end, as
a point-to-point link. Links for some of the suppliers/equipment I used

http://www.fab-corp.com/ also for antennas, coax pigtails

I have the bridges mounted up on the towers at the back of the antennas in
fiberglass boxes and run weatherproof CAT5 cable up to the boxes, using
POE [power run over the ethernet cable].

Its worked great for more than a year.

Before that I tried DLink DWL2100 AP b/g WAPs.  They were a disaster and
the link NEVER performed properly with them.  Stay away!

Roger Rehr