[Ham-80211] Amateur Radio and Emergency Communications

Doug Younker dougy at ruraltel.net
Thu Jun 23 05:44:01 UTC 2005

Where it's so contrary to the idea of preparedness, I really hate saying
what follows; if indeed consumer electronics are, as vulnerable to an EPM
event as portrayed, why bother? The world as we now know it would no longer
exist, perhaps for all time.  Even if %100 percent of licensed amateurs
prepared and their equipment survived, their capabilities would be
overwhelmed by the need.  The amateur that has prepared his radio stations
will also need to, prepare for his own personal survival if he hopes to be
effective, after the event.
Doug, N0LKK