[Ham-80211] ham-80211 Digest, Vol 17, Issue 1

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Sun Nov 13 03:06:15 UTC 2005

I've been watching this technology closely. If it actually proves to work,
there is a bunch of old paging channels (in the US they have both a TX and
an RX frequency) that will once again become VERY valuable. If it works this
could be a great technology for hams to deploy on either 2 meters or UHF.
>From what I have gathered there are independent folks outside the
manufacturer testing the system. I can't wait to see those reports. Maybe
broadband can finally reach rural areas affordably..........

Thank You,
Brian Webster
N2KGC