[Ham-80211] FW: HSMM & WRT54GS

Ralph rwf at bsrg.org
Thu Oct 6 21:40:49 UTC 2005

Yes- you would not be able to use an "access point" for that distance.
A "bridge" will be required (due to its available distance/timing settings),
or some other way to adjust the timings required (maybe this software you
speak of).
But on an access point, you are lucky to get 7+ miles regardless of how much
power or gain you have.
Using bridges, I easily go 18 miles on part 15 power!

  _____