[Ham-80211] Re: Emergency Wireless Internet (Mark Miller)

jeff at aerodata.net jeff at aerodata.net
Sat Oct 8 02:56:03 UTC 2005

Alex was pointing out a systems problem... it was a good post and in case
you didn't notice, he had good words to say about a past democrat as well
as 2 past republican adminstrations, so he hardly was partisan. Sometimes
you need to say the emperor wears no clothes if you ever expect to do a
decent lessons learned. I don't see the need to dwell on it, but all these
personal attacks are WAY out of line.

It is a dis-service for amateurs to bury their heads politically. I've
certainly rethought/reworked my station recently due to the recent
failures that have been exposed in our telecom system. I'm not off grid,
but I sure am not going to expect the goverment to babysit me if we have a
infrastructure collapse.

We also need to educate our ARRL directors so they do not turn back into
the goverment current HF digital privlidges we enjoy (are you listening
TAPR?)

BTW, this is the internet.