[Ham-80211] Re: Emergency Wireless Internet (Mark Miller)

kd4e kd4e at verizon.net
Sat Oct 8 12:28:33 UTC 2005

 > jeff at aerodata.net wrote:
> Alex was pointing out a systems problem... it was a good post and in case
> you didn't notice, he had good words to say about a past democrat as well
> as 2 past republican adminstrations, so he hardly was partisan. Sometimes
> you need to say the emperor wears no clothes if you ever expect to do a
> decent lessons learned. I don't see the need to dwell on it, but all these
> personal attacks are WAY out of line.

He has his *interpretation* of the facts dead wrong and could
have addressed his *opinion* of the facts without attacking
our President with the "politics of personal destruction" --
namecalling.

I really do not care that he chose to say nice things about
people no longer in positions of power and not currently
targeted-for-political-destruction by the minority Party.

We can all make long lists of the failures of Presidents,
fellow list members, and others, and then label them with
kindergarten insults but such does not lead to solutions,
only to animosity.

Just because some in politics and Hollywood model this
adolescent or pre-adolescent destructive discourse we do
not have to follow their lead off the cultural cliff.

I have some questions and recommendations about improving
the communications plan for volunteers assisting with
emergency and disaster response using digital modes and
am interested in the *constructive* and *free of partisan
attacks* contributions of others.

I have been making suggestions since the early 80's and
thus have been informed enough to raise equal criticisms
of the imperfections of *every* President he listed
(including both the ones I helped to elect and those I
strongly opposed).

Again, can we *please* stay *on topic* and leave the
politics for politics discussion lists and blogs?

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

            |_|___|_|
            | | & | |
               {|