[Ham-80211] Re: Emergency Wireless Internet (Mark Miller)

Alex Fraser beatnic at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 17:29:27 UTC 2005

We are wandering off topic.  It's not about me (I have a thick skin
anyway), it is about ham emergency communications.  I think Ham Radios
effectiveness in emergency situations is being hurt by close linking to
the DHS.  I think the main advantage ham radio has is the off the wall,
creative,  jury rigged,  lash up ability to get things done using  what
ever they can get to do what ever they can.  Part 15 wireless shone
through in N.O. because they weren't affiliated with  the Big
Boondoggle.  The DHS would be hard to set up even if you had a capable
administration. I live in the DC area so I keep my ear to the ground and
listen a lot.  They really are  screwing things up big time. We hams
should just do what we do best with out the huge bureaucracy and it's
culture of restrictions and control.
Hams could be so much more agile and the country would be much better
served too.

--
......... beatnic at comcast.net .......