[Ham-80211] Re: Emergency Wireless Internet

Larry Cerney lcerney at viawest.net
Sun Oct 9 17:04:37 UTC 2005

We need to continue to think outside the box and make it happen
where others can't. When we stop doing that, ham radio dies and the spectrum
becomes more valuable to the people of America who own it, to do other
things.

Thank You,
Brian Webster N2KGC
Catskill District EC NY
GSEC USNR Retired
RF Engineer and Consultant
Taxpayer/American Citizen

[Larry Cerney] Brian,

Thanks for the insight from one who had "boots on the ground."  Not having
been there, I didn't want to make any assumptions about what should have
been done.

I like your ideas about thinking outside the box and providing gear and
establishing services that could be left in place after individual Hams have
returned home.  I would be interesting for me, and others I'm sure, to hear
what technologies and services were set up and the trials and tribulations
you had to master to get the job done.  Do you have any detailed after
actions reports you could share?

Thanks for you work there...

73...
Larry  K0ANI