[Ham-80211] Which PDA to buy as a WiFi Finder?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon Aug 14 04:06:03 UTC 2006

Easiest way I know, out of the box, is a Toshiba E740.  See if you can
find one used, and get it.  It does a stellar job of sniffing access
points, and telling you what the signal strength and ESSID are.  It'll
also tell you if the AP is using one of the encryption protocols, but
not which one, nor what the key is.

gerry