[Ham-80211] Which PDA to buy as a WiFi Finder?

Ralph Fowler rwf at bsrg.org
Mon Aug 14 16:16:50 UTC 2006

Cingular 8125 (also sold by Verizon, Tmobile (as the MDA)  and Sprint):
Phone, PDA, WiFi, Bluetooth. No Dongle needed! Awesome.
Use Wi Fi Fo Fum because it works like Kismet and detects hidden Aps that
don't respond to broadcast pings. Mini Stumbler has to associate before it
will show one up. Can't associate if it isn't "open".

That's the combination I use and I carry one device for all!

N4NEQ