UPdate (was Re: [Ham-80211] WRT54GL AP?)

Jack Taylor jack at n7oo.com
Wed Jun 7 17:45:32 UTC 2006

We installed WRT54GL's with DD-WRT software to replace our ailing point to
point
bridging wap11 radio link. We followed a suggestion in one of the DD-WRT
forums
about configuring one end as an AP and the other as a client bridge, both
ends feeding
a LAN port to the appropriate server.

At first blush, this appeared to work great, the RSSI indicating a good
strong radio path
and excellent PING results over the link.

Our network:

TNOS <--> Linux <--> SERVER <--> WRT </\/\/> WRT <--> SERVER <--> DSL

We can ping and traceroute internal network addresses just fine.
But we can't ping or traceroute the outside internet to or from TNOS.

Has anyone on the forum set up a point to point link using DD-WRT and if so,
could share their configuration?

73 de Jack  -  N7OO