[Ham-80211] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Wed May 17 16:51:19 UTC 2006

Jeff,
	You are right, I stand corrected. Every time I try and quote from memory I
always miss key points. I agree that the WISP industry should not fight this
as unlicensed users but am also concerned that they are starting to
represent a much larger group of users than hams represent now (including
the end users). The government is constantly under pressure to do what is in
the best interest to the most people (I know the special interest groups do
thing to the contrary) so I can see a point where this band could come under
threat of being taken away from ham's. Your response to Marlon is on the
money and well presented. I hope that he takes this to the Part-15 and WISPA
lists to help alleviate some of the concerns. Thanks for posting this key
information to the list, I know Marlon will make good use of it.

Thank You,
Brian N2KGC