[Ham-80211] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Wed May 17 18:04:42 UTC 2006

 > jeff at aerodata.net wrote:
> There currently are no APC limitations on ATV or space comms, unless they
> use spread spectrum, which none to my knowledge currently use. This
> proposal will not require them to use APC. Not disagreeing with your
> opinions, just a point of fact.
>
> If the WISP's are truly interested in protecting their operations, they
> need to make a proposal that all hams, including ATV and FM repeaters,
> have to implement APC. Clearly if they take this white elephant on as is,
> this will become clear.

It would be interesting to assess the current
level of Ham use of this spectrum.  I am guessing
it is highly localized, specialized, and rare.

The FCC is chartered to allocate spectrum and
promulgate regulations that are in the best
interest of the majority of citizens.

Unless Hams can show evidence that the spectrum
represents a value to emergency communications,
technology experimentation, and hobby use we will
see it follow the unfortunate path of 220.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Ham Links: http://bibleseven.com/hl.html