[Ham-80211] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 ooe at odessaoffice.com
Wed May 17 18:36:54 UTC 2006

You have us all wrong Jeff!  WISPA (and the rest of the wisp industry
generally speaking) doesn't think we are ever likely to displace anyone
else.  (much as we'd love a "broadband" chunk of spectrum!)

The reality of it is that most of the technology we use is designed to share
spectrum.

Ideally I'd like to see ALL bands opened up for a low power unlicensed
underlay that would have to use APC, collision avoidance and automatic
channel control.  Much like the 5.4 gig band is set up like.  Today's
technology makes some amazing things possible under the normal usage
thresholds of most gear that's been deployed as I understand it.

Do you think the HAMs would support an unlicensed secondary underlay of the
420-450mhz band?  With software defined radios becoming the defacto standard
it looks like, we could certainly take advantage of the spectrum without
large hardware development cycles.

Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless