[Ham-80211] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Thu May 18 02:53:32 UTC 2006

> I think that the great thing here is that no one is porposing that the
> HAMs loose access to the band.  We'd like to see a lack of rules that
> put our businesses at risk is all :-).

The greater the commercial use of any spectrum
the greater the eventual desire to control that
spectrum.

If millions of dollars are being made and Ham
activity begins to collide with commercial profits
Hams will be changed to secondary users or lose
the spectrum entirely.

Again, mediating this is part the FCC mandate and it
would not be entirely proper for Hams to control wide
swaths of little used spectrum if needed by fellow
citizens.

UPS and 220 is an example of greed and poor FCC
research and oversight, there are more legitimate
cases where Ham use may not withstand the challenge
of greater public need.

Where we are asked to co-exist we may well find that
our use becomes conditioned to non-interference and
too many complaints could lead to APC or exclusion
from access.

I kinda like the idea of being able to go QRO
with a 2.4GHz link out of a disaster-stricken area
so that text and image communications may be
re-established but too many low power users on the
same spectrum may negate that option.

Just thinking aloud via my keyboard!

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com