[Ham-80211] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Thu May 18 03:08:52 UTC 2006

> I suggest they go after the 420-450mhz band,
> which is unused over the majority of the country.

I beg to differ.

440 is a critical asset to Ham-related emergency
communications.  You would have a full scale
spectrum war on your hands if 440 were proposed,
and many in Homeland Security would side with
Hams.

440 is used to link HT's in and out of large
buildings because 2M does not penetrate well.

440 is also valuable for other crossband repeat
applications.

440 is used for ATV and Ham remote control apps.

I seriously doubt that there are any major population
areas in America absent multiple 440 repeaters.

You'd get less grief going after the rest of 220,
primary standing on 2.4GHz, or a piece of 1.2GHz
or 5.6GHz than you would trying to take 440.

IMHO, YMMV ...

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Ham Links: http://bibleseven.com/hl.html