[Ham-80211] Re: High power 2.4 GHz rules change

DuBose Walt Civ AETC CONS/LGCA Walt.DuBose at RANDOLPH.AF.MIL
Thu May 18 15:07:03 UTC 2006

You have amateur radio using 420-450 MHz in the most populated areas of the
U.S.

You have the most individuals using 802.11b/g in the most populated areas of
the U.S.

FYI amateur radio IS really a secondary user in the 420-450 MHz band as the
military can and does use it.

Also, there are many linked repeater systems across the U.S. that use
frequencies in the 420-440 MHz band.  These are recognized by DHS and FEMA
as frequencies used in prime emergency and disaster relief communications.

The solution to the WISP problem and the entire wireless broadband access is
the governments failing to provided a large protected frequency band for
such purpose...that is IF they do mean for WISP activity to be a primary
distributor of broadband Internet access.

Walt/K5YFW