[Ham-80211] OT??? High power 2.4 GHz rules change

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Sun May 21 20:02:42 UTC 2006

But they *will* be the target of the next round of
FCC rule-making and/or Congressional legislation
promoted by the WISPs if they put all of their
eggs in the 2.4GHz basket.

At the end of the day either the WISPs choose another
band for their future expansion or 2.4GHz will come
under continual well-funded attack until Hams are
essentially driven out.

The only way to defend a section of spectrum is to
put it to use in such a way that powerful allies will
help in its defense from the quick-bucks folks.

The UPS taking and under-utilizing of a piece of 220
involved some behind the scenes power politics.

If not for the huge impact of cell phones, satellite
radio, and wireless internet we would already be dealing
with huge pressures to surrender part of 10M to CB.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Ham Links: http://bibleseven.com/hl.html