[Ham-80211] Tibet and Monkeyproof Wi-Fi - So Calif Wireless MeetingThursday

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 ooe at odessaoffice.com
Thu Sep 28 15:26:53 UTC 2006

I've been involved with some of the things that have happened over there
since day one (there are actually two projects that I know of).

This is a very nifty project.  They are doing great things for the locals
and the crazy tourists that climb the "hill".

I can't help but think that some of what they are doing must feel much like
the hams had to feel when someone did the first cross country or moon bounce
shot.  Ordinary folks taking ordinary gear and using it in extraordinary
ways.

Wish I could go.
Marlon
64.146.146.12 (net meeting)