[Ham-80211] 3.2 GHz?

David Josephson dlj at bach.altaphon.com
Sun Apr 29 21:31:12 UTC 2007

Steve wrote:
> Just curious what research anyone has done concerning 3.2 GHz, as we
> have allocations from 3200-3600 MHz.  I've see rumors a chunk of this
> could be for Wireless ISP's, or another Part 15 band.  Right now it
> looks appetizing as there should be a relatively low noise floor as it
> is unshared with such services.
Our allocations are 3300-3500, but this band is for wireless LANs in
much of the rest of the world (typically 3.4 to 3.6, for instance in
Germany where it has been auctioned off for commercial broadband), so
there is some equipment out there. There is a new band at 3650-3700 for
wireless ISP's in the US but very little equipment has been certified
for it.  W6QAC operates a couple of networks in the Silicon Valley on
3.3-3.5 using modified commercial gear.

> It would appear that you could fit over 20 channels in our bandspace.
> http://www.qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/wireless/allocations.html
>
> Curious what other details regarding Ubiquiti Networks frequency
> freedom technology or further Atheros chipset secrets anyone knows...
> that seems the most practical way to go, but transverters are also
> possibilities.

Ubiquiti radios are Atheros chipsets with transverters onboard.

--
73 de WA6NMF