[Ham-80211] Reverse sma connectors?

Bob k8ys at fuse.net
Mon Apr 30 00:02:46 UTC 2007

Not exactly on a ham radio topic, but it may well be soon....

I have a 802.11b/g card in a computer that I have dedicated to the motor
home.... The card uses a SMA connector with a socket instead of a pin. I
think that I need to get the antenna away from the computer case to get
maximum range from the WiFi card.

I am looking for suggestions for an antenna. I really do not want to
drill a hole in the roof of the motor home, so I have been thinking
about a "desktop dipole" as I have seen them called on eBay.

If this works, there is a group that wants to build a WAN under FCC 97
rules. The skeptics are telling me that I will never be able to get a
signal strong enough out of a part 15 card to do any good.

Bob K*YS

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:30 AM