[Ham-80211] Reverse sma connectors?

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Mon Apr 30 00:40:44 UTC 2007

I have a 9dbi bat from hyperlinktech on the Motorola WR850G on my desk
which works with my laptop with a Proxim 8470WD PCMCIA card at 150'.
Signal passes through two 12" thick solid brick walls and tthree frame
walls. I do use the laptop near a large window and signal fades if I
do not. You may need to orient the case so it does not block the
antenna.

They also sell a decent mag mount with a N connector base which can be
used omnis which I have used in my car with some success.

Orders less than a $100 are best handled through a reseller such as
wlanparts.com

150' is enough for me around the farm but I suspect your WAN is
considerably larger. I am planning on trying a 900Mhz solution with
Ubiquiti cards next month to try an connect to my office 13 miles
away. The topography is not in my favor but with two relays, I might
make it.

Jim Tarvid