[Ham-80211] Reverse sma connectors?

Bob k8ys at fuse.net
Mon Apr 30 04:50:45 UTC 2007

The current project, and the "test bed" system is located in my RV. Many
campgrounds offer WiFi access, and I have an access point at home so
that when the RV is home, it is part of my LAN.
Right now, my signal is 49% to 61% and that link is not stable enough
using the supplied antennas.

The AP is a Linksys WRT54G with two fixed antennas, but the WiFi card
has a SMA-R connector.

I would think that just about any 2.4GHz antenna would be better than
the existing antenna on the card that is on the remote system.

After I am able to make the RV system work, my brother-in-law,
father-in-law and I would like to build a WiFi WAN with a 7 mile
footprint to start.

Bob K8YS