[Ham-80211] 2.4 GHz remote broadcast

Davis, Jack L. (KTXL) Jldavis at tribune.com
Fri Feb 16 18:30:33 UTC 2007

The TV remote pickup bands are 1990-2110 MHz and 2450-2483.5 MHz.  These are
licensed and primary users of the spectrum.  In some areas there are some
grandfathered permits on 2483.5-2500 MHz.  Most broadcast stations generally
apply for blanket licenses that cover all channels in the two bands so at
any given time depending on local frequency coordination you could fine an
analog FM or Digital COFDM signal on any channel at significant power.

Part of this is also the ISM band and is full of microwave ovens, diathermy
machines and industrial heating applications.  It is amazing that wifi works
at all with as many users there are in the band.

Jack Davis
K6YC