[Ham-80211] Re: 2.4 GHz remote broadcast test

Steve kb9mwr at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 15:35:13 UTC 2007

I called that station engineer today. Not much to say, other than the WBAY
thing was Part 15 power, unlicensed as I assumed. Basically they have 2
other licensed channels, and use this occasionally as a back-up third, when
they can make it work since they have equipment capable of it.

They guy was surprised I saw their picture, and really was totally not aware
of the allocation just above where they were operating. But he did know WGBA
was doing something on 2.4 GHz.

He did mention that Sprint & Nextel are basically taking over the lower half
of 2 GHz, forcing everyone else off, such as the county and their lower
channels (previous MMDS/ITMS).

Though it was interesting to touch base with him.....