[Ham-80211] Ubiquiti Networks

Steve kb9mwr at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 19:33:34 UTC 2007

Just out of curiosity I checked their page.  On their Frequency Freedom
Technoloy page, they have had a snippet of the FCC frequency chart from 30
MHz-30GHz.

>Any  Frequency Operation
>Behind Frequency Freedom technoloy is cutting edge
>RF and firmware design which Infa-enables seamless
>operation on any frequency...

http://ubnt.com/frequency_freedom.php4

Basically these Ubiquiti radios are Atheros chipsets with transverters
onboard.

Now I see products for:

900 MHz, 2.3-2.4 GHz, 2.5-2.7 GHz, 2.7-2.9 GHz, 3.3-3.5 GHz, 3.6-3.7 GHz,
4.9 GHz, 5.0-6.1 GHz

http://ubnt.com/products.php4

Wonder if any future products will cover the 1-2 GHz area?  Something to
keep an eye on.