[Ham-80211] WAP54 bridge trouble

Juch Iii, Roy F (Fred Juch) fred.juch at hp.com
Tue Jun 5 19:41:45 UTC 2007

This sounds to me like you have no link margin. The leaves raised the
link loss to a level too high to allow reliable communications. Yes
amplifiers will probably help. What you need to do is calculate the link
loss with the leaves, and either raise the antennas to remove this loss,
or increase the power to compensate. Power can be increased by using
bigger antennas, receive pre amps, or power amplifiers. You can use the
calculations on this web page:
http://www.wirelessconnections.net/calcs/calculations.asp I am not
associated with this page.

Fred Juch, N5JXO