[Ham-80211] WAP54 bridge trouble

Larry schntv at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 6 14:03:20 UTC 2007

I agree it is probably the leaves, but it seemed strange how
it will down load data for a few minutes than get lost.
then after a period, work for a few minutes again.
I was hoping there were some tweaking I could do to the WAP54
setup.
also there are days it works perfect then maybe the rain or
humidity changes and its gone.
As someone mentioned, it is a very strong link, if there were
no trees. so I wonder if more power or more antenna gain would
even help.
my antenna is up about 40 ft. but the neighbors trees are
about 80 ft.
I cant afford to go that high as a test.
How can I tell if another station is blocking my signal.
I have tried different channels with little success.
how about even a microwave oven interfering?

I am considering buying an amp, I never used one, what would
the group recommend?

thanks again,
larry

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY