[Ham-80211] Re: 23cm transverters for 802.11>

Steve kb9mwr at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 06:43:41 UTC 2007

I think that would also be interesting.  I don't think it can hurt to ask.
However I've emailed Ubiquiti in the past with no response.  (But don't let
that discourage you, maybe someone else knows a better email contact address
to use.)

It would seem to me that they might have a potential customer base just out
side the 1.2 GHz ham space, as the PCS broadband stuff is above our
allocations.  I'm sure there is a ton of other re-purposed frequency
allocations in the 1-2 GHz area.

Channels 3-6 are useable in the 900 ham/ISM band, with 4&5 at full boar.

I wonder how far the SR9 can swing in frequency.  I know the XR3 is fully
compatible with the publicly available Atheros Linux MADWIFI driver.  I'm
not sure if the SR9 is.  But if there is a way to enable the SR9 to address
additional channels.  For example: Channel 1 would have a low freq of 922
MHz and a high of 942 MHz..  Channel 11 would have a low of 872 and high of
892 MHz.  If you can address unconventional channels using a MikroTik driver
or the alike you might be able to get pretty close to 1 GHz, assuming the
board is capable.