[Ham-80211] Modulation - how?

David Josephson dlj at bach.altaphon.com
Tue Feb 5 01:26:29 UTC 2008

Naber, Benjamin L. SPC wrote:
> Alright. Now I'm moving along here on my little project and want to know how to modulate the thing for the modulation methods previously discussed. What resources are out there that I can learn from how to modulate my radios with BPSK, QPSK, QAM, and so on?
Maybe you should start by figuring out how to demodulate those modes
first. But if you want to jump in, there are very good entries on PSK
and QAM on Wikipedia. Start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulation
and follow the links from there. Hint: you won't be modulating your
radios with these modes, you'll likely be building entirely new radios.
Check on the TAPR home page for software defined radio modules that can
be used to implement any of these modes.