[Ham-80211] Activity - comments and idea

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Jan 30 06:13:23 UTC 2008

David Josephson wrote:

> The most effective throughput is dependent on too many different
> parameters to throw a dart and say one method is better. What do you
> mean by "bandwidth requirements we have for 2m and 70cm"? What sort of
> traffic do you want to pass?

why the focus on 2 m and 440.  I know the bands are virtually empty except for a
brief period around rush hour but most that territory has been claimed.  The 220
band is almost completely vacant except for empty repeaters  and we have a
megahertz or so around to 19 specifically for data transmission (channelized,
100 kHz wide channels).

---eric

--
Speech-recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct some.