[Ham-80211] Ubiquiti NanoStation

David Josephson dlj at bach.altaphon.com
Sat Jul 12 21:49:37 UTC 2008

Steve wrote:
> http://www.qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/wireless/allocations.html
>
> 802.11a channels 132-184 are in the ham overlap nearest I can determine.
>

> Channels 132-140 are totally unshared with UNII and ISM allocations as thats
> typically a European allocation that happens to overlap our allocation.

Not anymore - they are part of the new UNII band 5470-5725, which is
limited to the same power as in the 5250-5350 (UNII-2), that's not much,
and they have to have dynamic frequency selection (radar avoidance)
which makes the WISPs not want to use the band for outdoor links.

5850-5925 is shared with the Dedicated Short Range Communications
(licensed, but uncoordinated) service but nothing UNII/ISM.