[Ham-80211] 900MHz experiments with 1/2 rate and 1/4 rate

Tony Michel michel at bbn.com
Sun Apr 11 14:47:05 UTC 2010

Steve -

Your observations about 900MHz are useful.

Would you please say some more about the 5 and 10MHz
modes of the XR9.  I have a pair of XR9 that I want
to experiment with.  I typically use iwconfig (Linux
tool for wireless setup).  iwconfig doesn't offer a
control command to set the channel to 5 or 10MHz.
I find some code in the ath5k driver that mentions
1/2 and 1/4 width channels, but I haven't dug in to
this, yet.

How did you do it?

Tony
KD1IK