[Ham-80211] 900MHz experiments with 1/2 rate and 1/4 rate

Steve kb9mwr at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 23:23:18 UTC 2010

Hi Tony,

Just a few weeks ago I was asking myself the same thing.

Apparently currently no open source HAL's that can let you do 5/10Mhz mode as far as I am aware. You can use MikroTik, StarOS, IkarusOS, DD-WRT and a few others for these modes.

I shied away from trying to compile the ath5k mainly for the sake of getting something on the air that I could test sooner than later.  So I loaded dd-wrt to achieve that.

I do plan to look into what is all involved in that at a later date, so if anyone has experience and cares to share, that would be appreciated.

Steve