[Ham-80211] 900MHz experiments with 1/2 rate and 1/4 rate

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Mon Apr 12 00:30:13 UTC 2010

I have the hardware to start working on 13cm -a Ubiquiti Router Station and
an XR2 with OpenWRT. I have some immediate need to address WDS STA and VLAN
first. The second project is on a Bullet where RADIUS is first followed by
Mesh. There is some hope of being able to move the software to cheap devices
like the nano and pico stations. When finances permit I have a 5 mile NLOS
I'd like to crack. That is where a narrower bandwidth would be helpful.

Jim

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Steve <kb9mwr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> Just a few weeks ago I was asking myself the same thing.
>
> Apparently currently no open source HAL's that can let you do 5/10Mhz mode
> as far as I am aware. You can use MikroTik, StarOS, IkarusOS, DD-WRT and a
> few others for these modes.
>
> I shied away from trying to compile the ath5k mainly for the sake of
> getting something on the air that I could test sooner than later.  So I
> loaded dd-wrt to achieve that.
>
> I do plan to look into what is all involved in that at a later date, so if
> anyone has experience and cares to share, that would be appreciated.
>
> Steve

Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
Galax, Virginia
http://ls.net