[Ham-80211] NLOS on 33 cm

ZPO geekdownrange at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 04:00:21 UTC 2010

Steve,

I'd be interested to see what performance looks like running a 20MHz
(or 10MHz channel) and locking the datarate at 6Mbps.  Based on the
datasheet, they appear to be using the typical 802.11a/g modulation
steps.  6Mbps would put it at BPSK with a 1/2 rate FEC.  At the 5MHz
channel width, I'll take a SWAG the unit is running QPSK-3/4.  I would
only recommend this for a short test though.  It would be rather "band
unfriendly" for more than a short period in an isolated area.

The lowest datarate listed in the datasheet is 6Mbps.  There are radio
specs down to DSSS 1Mbps (802.11b).  I don't suppose the unit manuals
have any more info at the modulation parameters at various datarates?

73-N5VFF/Brian