[Ham-80211] HSMM project

Jason Spence jspence at lightconsulting.com
Mon Sep 13 20:58:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 01:57:07PM -0400, Larry Levesque wrote:
> I am interested in this project as well for my neck of the woods.
> Southwestern New Hampshire.
> Larry Levesque
> Cheshire County EC

Hi Larry,

More specific howto instructions will be available after the next
round of testing, but you can get started now by purchasing some 5 GHz
equipment and right-hand circularly polarized directional antennas.
Manufacturing your own antenna is a day or two of work if you have
your own test gear:

The Ubiquiti Bullet M5 HP is a safe choice for a radio:

After you have the equipment installed, find a neighbor and ask them
to do the same thing to begin growing the network in your neck of the woods.