[Ham-80211] HSMM: 420-430 MHz

kb9mwr at gmail.com kb9mwr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 06:27:48 UTC 2011

I ran into a good deal at the Belvidere, IL swapfest a year ago.
There were some new in the box Comtelco 7 element yagi's for 70cm.  I
plan on giving these a try.

And last year at the same fest I ran into some 10 watt 2.4 GHz
amplifiers.  They were pre-driver amplifiers, part of 2.5 GHz
Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS) system being
removed from the air.  We never really got around to modifying them
for 802.11.  We decided there is just to much crap in that band in our
area.

http://kb9mwr.blogspot.com/2011/02/10-watt-24-ghz-amplifier.html

http://kb9mwr.blogspot.com/2010/08/hsmm-bda.html

I've used M2 antennas on 900 MHz with good luck.