[Ham-80211] DL435-30

kb9mwr at gmail.com kb9mwr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:57:28 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

A few of you have been emailing me about the 400 MHz 802.11 mini pci cards.

I did finally receive three from Doodle Labs to do some testing with.
I hope to start that next weekend.

I've taken some pictures and updated my blog page on this:
http://kb9mwr.blogspot.com/2011/03/hsmm-420-430-mhz.html

 Note that they also have a module for 1.2 GHz, the DL1270

Unfortunately we are in the same boat we were about a year ago when I
first found out about these.  There is no OEM just yet.

I am sure the weak economy and low potential market for this sort of
specialized thing has a lot to do with it.  Another factor is that any
OEM that would potentially step up to the plate would be responsible
for getting the FCC certification.

I don't know much about this process (specifically how much it costs).
Xagyl is outside of the U.S., and I don't know how that all
works.

Anyway I wanted to let you know I have some for testing.  You'll
likely hear more from me on these in the future.

I'd like to learn more about the certification process if anyone is
knowledgeable.

Rough cost, and if there are ways around it by selling from out of country, etc.

73'
Steve, KB9MWR