[Ham-80211] Application idea for high speed amateur networking

Dan ke7tbb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 04:54:52 UTC 2011

Hello all
I live in las Vegas and am constructing what I call the QST Machine. Think of it as an information kiosk for hams that aren't familiar with the town. It runs like an automated phone system. Touch tone 1 for ...... Touch 2 for.... Touch 3 for Newsline. Ect.
It will be on a remote mountain-top for good coverage. Being computer controlled, I need a link to upload new menu options, Newsline and more. At least 50 to 100 Kbps. I have been messing around with a couple old wrt54g's hacked out with DD-WRT. I love them with the new firmware! I have not, however gotten around to trying to shoot the 7 mile path between the mountain and me. I have most of the necessary equipment including dishes. Just a matter of time.
Any questions, comments, concerns, discussions?

Dan
Sent from my iPad(like u care?)
('cause Steve Jobs isn't paying me for the free advertising)

With mobile e-mail, there are delays, sometimes up to a day.

"Its a Hobby"