[Ham-80211] Consider using HSMM-MESH(tm)

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Tue Sep 27 23:31:47 UTC 2011

many choices but what I would use is a pair of Ubiquiti Namo Bridge M2s at a
little under $100 each.

I would put them in ad hoc mode PTP at 7 miles. The PTMP timing

For this application PTP makes sense. Ad hoc will have fewer timing issues.

SSID can be set to the call sign,

You will need some sort of DTMF to digital and digital to speech.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Dan <ke7tbb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you! This is the kind of info that is helpful. I will check it out.
>
> Dan
> Sent from my iPad(like u care?)
> ('cause Steve Jobs isn't paying me for the free advertising)
>
> With mobile e-mail, there are delays, sometimes up to a day.
>
> "Its a Hobby"
>
> On Sep 27, 2011, at 2:32 PM, Glenn Currie <glenn.kd5mfw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Consider using HSMM-MESH(tm) firmware in your Linksys routers instead of
> DD-WRT.
>
> See:
>
> <http://hsmm-mesh.org>hsmm-mesh.org
>
> -Glenn
> KD5MFW

Kindness Works!
Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
12897A Grays Pointe Road, Fairfax, Va 22033
703-594-7207
38.8778239, -77.392696
http://ls.net