[Ham-80211] Application idea for high speed amateur networking

Dan ke7tbb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 21:22:18 UTC 2011

Wow! My inbox just blew up!

First, don't worry about the QST Machine. It's legal. It is not broadcasting as a ham has to initialize it manually. All that it involves in this discussion is the Ethernet connection.

Second, I like the idea of a ham mesh network. That would allow other hams to contribute to my project. The site would be great for a hub on a ham mesh in las Vegas.

Third, I understand about interference and pathing. I have access to some pretty fancy test equipment and know I can contact most of the major users of the frequency bands.

So I come to this conclusion...
I will have a linksys box running hssm-mesh on 2.4 ghz with a semi directional antenna.(panel) That will  help other hams in town get on the mesh.
I will have a dedicated 5 ghz ptp backhaul from a high bandwidth Internet source(friends house) to the hill. It is a 7 mile path using either ubiquity, canopy, or something else.

Please. More suggestions and discussions!

Dan
Sent from my iPad(like u care?)
('cause Steve Jobs isn't paying me for the free advertising)

With mobile e-mail, there are delays, sometimes up to a day.

"Its a Hobby"